The Robert D. Shapiro Memorial Scholarship Fund for Actuarial Excellence was created in 2021 to honor the memory of Robert D. Shapiro, generously funded by his friends and family. This scholarship program aims to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the actuarial profession. It provides annual scholarships to undergraduate college students in their third and fourth years who have committed to pursuing a career in actuarial science.
- Scholarship Amount: $12,500 per recipient
- Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually: 3-5 (subject to available funds and applicant quality)
- Applicants must be rising third or fourth-year undergraduate college students.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to pursuing a career in actuarial science.
- Complete the scholarship application form.
- Provide all required documentation and information as specified in the application.
- Submit the application by the stated deadline.
Each year, 3-5 students will receive a $12,500 scholarship award, dependent upon the amount of funds available and the quality of applicants.