The Admissions Office awards a limited number of scholarships for admitted freshmen who apply by the priority deadlines and receive their decision on our February Decision Day. No separate application is needed, and no additional materials or updated information can be submitted for review.
- Presidential Scholarship: $5,000 per year (Total: $20,000 over 4 years)
- Presidential Gold Scholarship: $8,000 per year (Total: $32,000 over 4 years)
- Presidential Platinum Scholarship: $10,000 per year (Total: $40,000 over 4 years)
- Application Review: Scholarships are awarded based on the same holistic and academic criteria used for the admissions review process.
- Academic Achievement: While there are no specific minimum academic requirements, past recipients have typically demonstrated strong academic performance within the upper range of the middle 50 percent of admitted students or higher.
- Diverse Resume and Essay: Successful candidates have diverse and engaged resumes and provide compelling essay responses.
- No Separate Application: There is no need for a separate scholarship application. All students are automatically considered for these scholarships based on their application for admission to UF.
- Submission of Additional Materials: No additional materials or updates are required for scholarship consideration.
- Scholarship Notification: Scholarship recipients will be notified via email and status page update by mid-March if selected for a merit-based scholarship.
While there are no minimum academic criteria for Presidential scholarships, past recipients have demonstrated strong academic achievement that falls within the upper range of our middle 50 percent of our admitted student profile or above, combined with a diverse and engaged resume and essay response. However, meeting our profile numbers does not guarantee a scholarship award. If selected for one of our merit-based scholarships, a notification will arrive via email and status page update by mid-March.