The leadership, skills, and perspectives of women are essential to ensure that the transportation systems of the future respond to the needs of all. In keeping with the changes made in 2019, our selection criteria are more explicitly focused on women interested in achieving equity within communities and the transportation sector. We asked questions of the applications to better recognize the leadership potential associated with lived experiences and non-traditional leadership paths.
- Number of Scholarships: Seven annually
- Eligible Applicants: High school seniors, junior college, undergraduate, and graduate students
- Focus: Supporting women pursuing transportation careers and leadership opportunities
- National Competition: Eligible winners may compete for additional national scholarships from the WTS Foundation
- Disbursement: Scholarships awarded in Spring, funds available in Fall
- Gender: Open to women interested in achieving equity within communities and the transportation sector
- Academic Level: High school seniors, junior college, undergraduate, and graduate students
- Continuing Education: Merit-based scholarships are for students continuing their education
- Review the scholarship application criteria and requirements.
- Complete and submit your application before the specified deadline.
- If eligible, you may have the opportunity to compete for additional national scholarships.
We believe in the importance of women's leadership, skills, and perspectives in shaping equitable transportation systems.We encourage you to apply today and help us make our goals a reality.