.Net Full Stack Web Developer
Greater Chicago Area
We are looking for additional team members to use their development skills to help students find money for college while working in a fun and dynamic environment. Here you are much more than just a number and get an opportunity to contribute to something that provides benefits for all involved.
The Available Position
The Internet moves fast and so does the development team at Scholarships.com. With the continued shift to mobile computing and increasing diversity of screen sizes, it is more important than ever to continue evolving Scholarships.com to ensure a best in class user experience on both desktop and mobile devices for our 5+ million annual visitors.
You will be a key member of the Scholarships.com tech team and responsible for designing and full stack development of future iterations of Scholarships.com, related websites and internal business support tools.
- 3+ years proven experience in web development using similar technologies.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to employ sound data management practices, optimize data structure and architecture with existing and new systems.
- Proficiency at gathering and interpreting requirements for new/enhanced features.
- Prior experience with web development in a multi-tiered environment.
- Mobile app development experience is a big plus.
- Working directly with product managers and senior leadership to conceive, design, and build products and systems.
- Re-architecting legacy systems to use contemporary technologies/frameworks.
- Assisting technology team with identifying inefficient processes and systems bottlenecks and designing solutions to optimize performance.
Scholarships.com is the leading college and scholarship search on the Internet and has helped more than 15 million students fund their education since we opened our virtual doors in 1998. As we continue to grow, we are focused on continuing to help students and colleges find and match to one other and establish a relationship to foster a desirable outcome for both. As a company that is still intent on improvement and growth, we are always looking for people to assist us in all of our endeavors. Located a short walk from the Metra stop in downtown Highland Park, we offer all the perks you might expect from a start-up including free snacks and bevvies, relaxed dress code and a little something we call “Free Lunch Fridays”. Naturally we also offer training and support, with patient and talented coworkers and management and plenty of room to grow.
If you are looking for a fun work environment with excellent benefits and opportunities to do something both enjoyable and meaningful. As a member of the Scholarships.com team, you can help us help aspiring and current college students as well as the colleges to which they aspire! Employees of Scholarships.com are provided with fantastic benefits & perks.
Perks/Stuff We Offer
- Medical insurance
- 14 paid days off, plus major holidays
- Casual dress code
- Fully-stocked fridge/pantry
- Paid travel to local and national conferences
Submit your resume including a cover letter explaining how you measure up to the position we described that also conveys your personality. Cover letters are highly encouraged.
Resumes with cover letters including salary requirements will be fast-tracked.! All applicants will be kept confidential. We appreciate all interest but we can only contact those applicants with whom we wish to proceed further.
To apply or request more information, please email tech_at_scholarships_dot_com.