Colleges Where You Can Earn a Degree for Free

June 16, 2015
by Suada Kolovic
Here at Scholarships.com, we make a point to advocate the importance of funding your college education the right way (for free!) and while financing your higher education solely with scholarships is an amazing feat, there is another factor to consider: colleges with no tuition to be begin with. Yup, they totally exist – check out the 11 colleges below where you can earn a degree for free:

We should also mention that elite universities with healthy endowments also tout financial aid programs that pay 100 percent of tuition, room and board and fees for students from families with certain incomes – $75,000 or less at MIT, $65,000 or less at Harvard and Yale, and $60,000 or less at Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Duke, Brown and Texas A&M. For a more detailed look at any of the schools listed or hundreds of other universities, check out our College Search. And let us know where you’re heading this fall in the comments section!

College is expensive. Scholarships.com has done the work for you. Pay for your college education with free college scholarship money. Get matched to college scholarships instantly and start applying today by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.

sabah  on  7/25/2015 4:41:11 PM commented:

I hope to get scholership for nursing

Berea college  on  7/5/2015 3:35:22 PM commented:

i would wish to join berea college to pursue literature or bulding and construction management

martha s.  on  6/30/2015 8:49:12 PM commented:

this is amazing cant wait to try.

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:07:07 PM commented:

Thanks! I hope I get a scholarship

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:05:56 PM commented:

I would like to chech cardiovascular surgeon programs at Vanderbilt, Yale ,Belmont, and Columbia

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:04:13 PM commented:

Thanks!

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:19:49 PM commented:

Texas AM actually does not offer full tuition to families who make under $60,000. Mine made $15,000 last year. They are actually not that good at giving scholarships.

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:16:37 PM commented:

I got into Texas A&M. My family's income was $15,000 this year. A&M does not offer full tuition for people from families under $60,000. They are actually pretty bad with giving scholarships.

Annetta P  on  6/23/2015 3:55:21 PM commented:

I have a degree in healthcare adminstration. But I have been having trouble trying to finish my degree which is my Bachelor Degree and MA Degree due too my financial aid. Plus, I'm on a fixed income as well so I do hope and pray that you could help me out. I do most then appreciate it. Thank you Annetta

Brandon R  on  6/22/2015 6:19:09 PM commented:

Great information! Please forward additional information on these universities.

bonita L  on  6/21/2015 12:02:11 AM commented:

I would like to check the healthcare programs at Harvard, Yale, Columbia and Cornell.

Nontobeko V Sbiya  on  6/20/2015 12:57:33 PM commented:

Education is the key to success,so I believe that this scholarship can help me to change my life.

Aaminah Parker  on  6/19/2015 7:43:55 PM commented:

I believe that the scholarship app is fundamentally helping students be able to afford to earn scholarships and grants that doesn't hinder you financially

Jazmyn Fulton  on  6/19/2015 9:06:38 AM commented:

Alana S.  on  6/18/2015 2:18:51 AM commented:

extremely interesting I didn't know about some of this stuff.

Shailyn F  on  6/17/2015 3:58:52 PM commented:

Very helpful and valuable information

Richard Muñoz  on  6/17/2015 10:50:26 AM commented:

Valuable information.

Jean Brooks  on  6/17/2015 9:12:33 AM commented:

Dear Suada, We are using this site to help find scholarships for my daughter who will be graduating from High School next year. I am so happy to see your name and hope that you are well. Sincerely, Jean Brooks

My daughter will be attending Tuskgegee University  on  6/17/2015 9:07:54 AM commented:

would love to receive more information regarding Scholaship for college tuition. Thank you

nelson kemei  on  6/17/2015 7:23:40 AM commented:

I would like to get an admission to Barclay college under scholarship program since Iam from a humble background. Thank you in advance.

Jasmine Tassin  on  6/16/2015 10:59:16 PM commented:

I think this scholarship could help me pay for school.

Auonna N  on  6/16/2015 9:45:32 PM commented:

This would mean so much to me to be able to go to school and achieve my goals.

V.w  on  6/16/2015 9:25:56 PM commented:

I'm 24 can I still get a scholarship anyway no matter what age???

Jessica B.  on  6/16/2015 6:14:22 PM commented:

I plan on going to Gerioga State Unversity. I hope i get a scholarship

JC  on  6/16/2015 6:08:45 PM commented:

I'm soon to be a junior in high school and I'm working my butt off for these scholarships! Hopefully it will pay off!

Whitney Mason  on  6/16/2015 3:04:14 PM commented:

I plan on going to UCLA this fall and wonder if there is any free money available there?

Aysha Abudayya  on  6/16/2015 3:02:36 PM commented:

Thanks, I hope I get a scholarship

Eugenia Terrell-Bell  on  6/16/2015 2:24:23 PM commented:

Great information, very useful........thanks

College is a big commitment and burnout is easy if you don’t pace yourself. That said, taking a semester off is a normal thing to do while pursuing your degree. Whether you need a quick break for personal reasons or exciting opportunities, like a once-in-a-lifetime trip or work experience, here’s what you need to know about your scholarship money before taking time off.

Will Taking a Semester Off Hurt My Scholarship Money?

August 5, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid — more commonly known as FAFSA is the key to funding your college education. Not only can the FAFSA connect you to grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities, but filling out the form is
also the first step to applying for federal student loans. Even though filling out the FAFSA is simple and straightforward, several misconceptions still fly around it. Here are the top FAFSA myths you need to stop believing.

FAFSA Myths You Need to Stop Falling For

July 26, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The new semester is just around the corner, which means it is time to start thinking about how you are going to afford the new school session. Student loans can be taken out any time of the year and are useful for paying for textbooks, special classes or summer terms and additional living expenses. Choosing the right student loan can help you reach your education and career goals while still keeping your finances balanced. Here’s what to look for before you take out a student loan this summer.

Which Student Loan Is Best for Me?

June 13, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
As we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, we reflect on the enormous contributions of Asian Americans and share their culturally rich history. Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders make up the fastest-growing racial group in the United States, with more than 23 million it total. However, API individuals, communities, and businesses have been disproportionately impacted by discrimination and criminal acts that have only been exacerbated by the pandemic in recent years. Now more than ever, we need to stand united as Americans against anti-Asian racism.

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2022 Scholarships

May 25, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The   Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to help students pursue careers in public service and solve some of our world’s greatest challenges. The Voyager Scholarship provides students access to education and travel opportunities to help expand their horizons and bring about significant change. During this scholarship’s first year, and it is estimated that 100 college juniors will receive up to $50,000 to cover tution and educational expenses, plus up to $30,000 in international travel stipends and credits. Recipients have the option to renew as seniors.

The Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service

May 18, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to
Summer is a great time to experience new things outside of the hectic school year routine. For students who want to beef up their resume, make some money, and have a little fun along the way, working a summer job is a great option! A part-time job gives you the unique opportunity to gain real-world experience and begin forging your own career path. You’ll also get the chance to become a better communicator by working with a wide range of customers and co-workers from all walks of life. Explore which types of work environments you might enjoy with these top 4 summer jobs (and related scholarships)!

Top 4 Summer Jobs For High School Students

May 13, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s  Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students who are pursuing STEM-related careers at universities in California and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in the U.S. Eligible applicants include graduating high school seniors, college students, veterans, nontraditional students, and adults returning to school and plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college or university. Don’t delay, applications close on June 3, 2022 at 3:00 PM CT.

PG&E Better Together STEM Scholarship

May 11, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students