Colleges Where You Can Earn a Degree for Free

June 16, 2015
by Suada Kolovic
Here at Scholarships.com, we make a point to advocate the importance of funding your college education the right way (for free!) and while financing your higher education solely with scholarships is an amazing feat, there is another factor to consider: colleges with no tuition to be begin with. Yup, they totally exist – check out the 11 colleges below where you can earn a degree for free:

We should also mention that elite universities with healthy endowments also tout financial aid programs that pay 100 percent of tuition, room and board and fees for students from families with certain incomes – $75,000 or less at MIT, $65,000 or less at Harvard and Yale, and $60,000 or less at Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Duke, Brown and Texas A&M. For a more detailed look at any of the schools listed or hundreds of other universities, check out our College Search. And let us know where you’re heading this fall in the comments section!

sabah  on  7/25/2015 4:41:11 PM commented:

I hope to get scholership for nursing

Berea college  on  7/5/2015 3:35:22 PM commented:

i would wish to join berea college to pursue literature or bulding and construction management

martha s.  on  6/30/2015 8:49:12 PM commented:

this is amazing cant wait to try.

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:07:07 PM commented:

Thanks! I hope I get a scholarship

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:05:56 PM commented:

I would like to chech cardiovascular surgeon programs at Vanderbilt, Yale ,Belmont, and Columbia

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:04:13 PM commented:

Thanks!

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:19:49 PM commented:

Texas AM actually does not offer full tuition to families who make under $60,000. Mine made $15,000 last year. They are actually not that good at giving scholarships.

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:16:37 PM commented:

I got into Texas A&M. My family's income was $15,000 this year. A&M does not offer full tuition for people from families under $60,000. They are actually pretty bad with giving scholarships.

Annetta P  on  6/23/2015 3:55:21 PM commented:

I have a degree in healthcare adminstration. But I have been having trouble trying to finish my degree which is my Bachelor Degree and MA Degree due too my financial aid. Plus, I'm on a fixed income as well so I do hope and pray that you could help me out. I do most then appreciate it. Thank you Annetta

Brandon R  on  6/22/2015 6:19:09 PM commented:

Great information! Please forward additional information on these universities.

bonita L  on  6/21/2015 12:02:11 AM commented:

I would like to check the healthcare programs at Harvard, Yale, Columbia and Cornell.

Nontobeko V Sbiya  on  6/20/2015 12:57:33 PM commented:

Education is the key to success,so I believe that this scholarship can help me to change my life.

Aaminah Parker  on  6/19/2015 7:43:55 PM commented:

I believe that the scholarship app is fundamentally helping students be able to afford to earn scholarships and grants that doesn't hinder you financially

Jazmyn Fulton  on  6/19/2015 9:06:38 AM commented:

Alana S.  on  6/18/2015 2:18:51 AM commented:

extremely interesting I didn't know about some of this stuff.

Shailyn F  on  6/17/2015 3:58:52 PM commented:

Very helpful and valuable information

Richard Muñoz  on  6/17/2015 10:50:26 AM commented:

Valuable information.

Jean Brooks  on  6/17/2015 9:12:33 AM commented:

Dear Suada, We are using this site to help find scholarships for my daughter who will be graduating from High School next year. I am so happy to see your name and hope that you are well. Sincerely, Jean Brooks

My daughter will be attending Tuskgegee University  on  6/17/2015 9:07:54 AM commented:

would love to receive more information regarding Scholaship for college tuition. Thank you

nelson kemei  on  6/17/2015 7:23:40 AM commented:

I would like to get an admission to Barclay college under scholarship program since Iam from a humble background. Thank you in advance.

Jasmine Tassin  on  6/16/2015 10:59:16 PM commented:

I think this scholarship could help me pay for school.

Auonna N  on  6/16/2015 9:45:32 PM commented:

This would mean so much to me to be able to go to school and achieve my goals.

V.w  on  6/16/2015 9:25:56 PM commented:

I'm 24 can I still get a scholarship anyway no matter what age???

Jessica B.  on  6/16/2015 6:14:22 PM commented:

I plan on going to Gerioga State Unversity. I hope i get a scholarship

JC  on  6/16/2015 6:08:45 PM commented:

I'm soon to be a junior in high school and I'm working my butt off for these scholarships! Hopefully it will pay off!

Whitney Mason  on  6/16/2015 3:04:14 PM commented:

I plan on going to UCLA this fall and wonder if there is any free money available there?

Aysha Abudayya  on  6/16/2015 3:02:36 PM commented:

Thanks, I hope I get a scholarship

Eugenia Terrell-Bell  on  6/16/2015 2:24:23 PM commented:

Great information, very useful........thanks

E-tail giant Amazon is now accepting applications to its Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program for students entering college in the fall of 2020. The scholarship program offers 100 current high school seniors from underserved and underrepresented communities across the country the opportunity to receive $40,000 scholarships to study computer science at a four-year college or university and a guaranteed paid internship offer at Amazon after the completion of their first year.

Amazon Offers $40K Future Engineer Scholarships

November 6, 2019 1:41 PM
In response to the NCAA's vote to allow athletes to profit from their names, images and likeness, Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina has proposed taxing those scholarships. Senator Burr tweeted: If college athletes are going to make money off their likenesses while in school, their scholarships should be treated like income. I'll be introducing legislation that subjects scholarships given to athletes who choose to 'cash in' to income taxes.

NC Senator Proposes Taxing of Athletic Scholarships

October 31, 2019 4:02 PM
Gucci is releasing a new line of... diversity undergraduate scholarships for students who are traditionally underrepresented in the fashion industry. The 1.5 million U.S. university college scholarship program is set to run for four years, targeting students who attend four-year universities. Special consideration will be given to those residing in Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto and Washington, D.C and/or for those who plan to attend or are currently attending a Historically Black College and University (HBCU).

Gucci Gaffe Results in Green for Grads

October 8, 2019 2:28 PM
Gucci is releasing a new line of... diversity undergraduate scholarships for students who are "traditionally underrepresented in the fashion industry." The 1.5 million U.S. university college
Not every student who goes to college completes their degree, much less finishes it within the normal four-year time frame. The Texas of A&M University has spent years working to re-enroll students who stopped out of college for a year or more, and may have found a solution in partnering with ReUp Education.

Texas A&M Working to Re-enroll College Stopouts

September 26, 2019 2:15 PM
Not every student who goes to college completes their degree, much less finishes it within the "normal" four-year time frame. The Texas of A&M University has spent years working to re-enroll students
 Photo credit: Jared Ames

A new PBS documentary exhibiting prison education, titled College Behind Bars is set to air on November 25 and 26. The four-part series documents the journeys of dozens of incarcerated men and women as they pursue college degrees in the Bard Prison Initiative - deemed one of the most rigorous prison education programs in the United States, according to Inside Higher Ed.

PBS Airs Documentary About Higher Ed in Prison

September 18, 2019 11:53 AM
Photo credit: Jared Ames A new PBS documentary exhibiting prison education, titled "College Behind Bars" is set to air on November 25 and 26. The four-part series documents the journeys of dozens
The federal government discharged more than $43 million in student loan debt for former students of recently closed for-profit colleges. Students who attended programs operated by Education Corporation of America, Dream Center Education Holdings, Vatterott College and Charlotte School of Law will be able to qualify for a full discharge of their federal loans if they were enrolled when their college closed or withdrew within 120 days of the official closure date and didn’t transfer to another institution, according to Inside Higher Education.

$43M in Loans Forgiven for Students of Closed Colleges

September 6, 2019 9:18 AM
College Board is ditching its previous plan to capture socioeconomic information from students with a single score - also known as an adversity score - when scoring their SAT college admissions test. The score would have taken into account a student's socioeconomic background and the neighborhood in which they grew up.

College Board Backpedals - No Adversity Score to be Added

August 30, 2019 2:05 PM
College Board is ditching its previous plan to capture socioeconomic information from students with a single score - also known as an "adversity score" - when scoring their SAT college admissions
Female-only college and university STEM programs are coming under fire for male discrimination as they attempt to redress gender imbalance in fields such as computer science and engineering. The U.S. Department of Education launched more than two dozen investigations into higher education institutions nationwide - including UC Berkeley, UCLA and USC as well as Yale, Princeton and Rice - which offer female-only scholarships, awards and professional development workshops.

Female-Only Scholarships Under Fire In Higher Ed

August 20, 2019 4:57 PM
Female-only college and university STEM programs are coming under fire for male discrimination as they attempt to "redress gender imbalance" in fields such as computer science and engineering. The