Colleges Where You Can Earn a Degree for Free

June 16, 2015
by Suada Kolovic
Here at Scholarships.com, we make a point to advocate the importance of funding your college education the right way (for free!) and while financing your higher education solely with scholarships is an amazing feat, there is another factor to consider: colleges with no tuition to be begin with. Yup, they totally exist – check out the 11 colleges below where you can earn a degree for free:

We should also mention that elite universities with healthy endowments also tout financial aid programs that pay 100 percent of tuition, room and board and fees for students from families with certain incomes – $75,000 or less at MIT, $65,000 or less at Harvard and Yale, and $60,000 or less at Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Duke, Brown and Texas A&M. For a more detailed look at any of the schools listed or hundreds of other universities, check out our College Search. And let us know where you’re heading this fall in the comments section!

sabah  on  7/25/2015 4:41:11 PM commented:

I hope to get scholership for nursing

Berea college  on  7/5/2015 3:35:22 PM commented:

i would wish to join berea college to pursue literature or bulding and construction management

martha s.  on  6/30/2015 8:49:12 PM commented:

this is amazing cant wait to try.

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:07:07 PM commented:

Thanks! I hope I get a scholarship

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:05:56 PM commented:

I would like to chech cardiovascular surgeon programs at Vanderbilt, Yale ,Belmont, and Columbia

Mary E.  on  6/23/2015 10:04:13 PM commented:

Thanks!

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:19:49 PM commented:

Texas AM actually does not offer full tuition to families who make under $60,000. Mine made $15,000 last year. They are actually not that good at giving scholarships.

J S  on  6/23/2015 7:16:37 PM commented:

I got into Texas A&M. My family's income was $15,000 this year. A&M does not offer full tuition for people from families under $60,000. They are actually pretty bad with giving scholarships.

Annetta P  on  6/23/2015 3:55:21 PM commented:

I have a degree in healthcare adminstration. But I have been having trouble trying to finish my degree which is my Bachelor Degree and MA Degree due too my financial aid. Plus, I'm on a fixed income as well so I do hope and pray that you could help me out. I do most then appreciate it. Thank you Annetta

Brandon R  on  6/22/2015 6:19:09 PM commented:

Great information! Please forward additional information on these universities.

bonita L  on  6/21/2015 12:02:11 AM commented:

I would like to check the healthcare programs at Harvard, Yale, Columbia and Cornell.

Nontobeko V Sbiya  on  6/20/2015 12:57:33 PM commented:

Education is the key to success,so I believe that this scholarship can help me to change my life.

Aaminah Parker  on  6/19/2015 7:43:55 PM commented:

I believe that the scholarship app is fundamentally helping students be able to afford to earn scholarships and grants that doesn't hinder you financially

Jazmyn Fulton  on  6/19/2015 9:06:38 AM commented:

Alana S.  on  6/18/2015 2:18:51 AM commented:

extremely interesting I didn't know about some of this stuff.

Shailyn F  on  6/17/2015 3:58:52 PM commented:

Very helpful and valuable information

Richard Muñoz  on  6/17/2015 10:50:26 AM commented:

Valuable information.

Jean Brooks  on  6/17/2015 9:12:33 AM commented:

Dear Suada, We are using this site to help find scholarships for my daughter who will be graduating from High School next year. I am so happy to see your name and hope that you are well. Sincerely, Jean Brooks

My daughter will be attending Tuskgegee University  on  6/17/2015 9:07:54 AM commented:

would love to receive more information regarding Scholaship for college tuition. Thank you

nelson kemei  on  6/17/2015 7:23:40 AM commented:

I would like to get an admission to Barclay college under scholarship program since Iam from a humble background. Thank you in advance.

Jasmine Tassin  on  6/16/2015 10:59:16 PM commented:

I think this scholarship could help me pay for school.

Auonna N  on  6/16/2015 9:45:32 PM commented:

This would mean so much to me to be able to go to school and achieve my goals.

V.w  on  6/16/2015 9:25:56 PM commented:

I'm 24 can I still get a scholarship anyway no matter what age???

Jessica B.  on  6/16/2015 6:14:22 PM commented:

I plan on going to Gerioga State Unversity. I hope i get a scholarship

JC  on  6/16/2015 6:08:45 PM commented:

I'm soon to be a junior in high school and I'm working my butt off for these scholarships! Hopefully it will pay off!

Whitney Mason  on  6/16/2015 3:04:14 PM commented:

I plan on going to UCLA this fall and wonder if there is any free money available there?

Aysha Abudayya  on  6/16/2015 3:02:36 PM commented:

Thanks, I hope I get a scholarship

Eugenia Terrell-Bell  on  6/16/2015 2:24:23 PM commented:

Great information, very useful........thanks

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced its first
Esports scholarship, expanding its 20-year-old scholarship program to include Esports competitors in college, according to Polygon. The ESA Esports scholarship program is intended to elevate the participation of women and minorities who currently account for a very small percentage of Esports scholarship recipients. Therefore, in order to be eligible for the
ESA Foundation Computer and Video Game Arts Scholarship, you must either be a woman or minority and pursuing a degree leading to a career in computer and video game arts and sciences. Current high school seniors, college freshman, sophomore and juniors who are U.S. citizens may apply for the ESA Esports scholarship. Applicants must also be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program at an accredited four (4) year college or university in the upcoming fall semester in order to be considered. All scholarship applications are due March 2, 2020 at 11:59 PST. Applicants will receive results by mid-June and funds will be issued to scholarship winners by end of August.

Get Paid to Play in College with ESA Esports Scholarships

January 21, 2020 11:52 AM
The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced its first Esports scholarship, expanding its 20-year-old scholarship program to include Esports competitors in college, according to Polygon.

When it comes to large dollar scholarships, mo' money means fewer problems in paying your college tuition bill. The average student will land between $1,000 and $5,000 in college scholarships after investing a decent amount of time and effort into applying for scholarships. Even smaller scholarships worth $500 are enough to cover books and fees, even if they aren't enough to foot an entire semester’s college tuition bill.

Biggest / Largest Dollar Scholarships in 2020

January 16, 2020 9:41 AM

High school graduation is right around the corner for high school seniors class of 2020 and - while many students may have already committed to their dream colleges - securing college financial aid is still a top-of-the-list priority in bringing that dream to fruition. Luckily, right now is the scholarship application peak season, with just enough time to apply for and win scholarships for college. Many 2020 scholarship deadlines are within the next several months, giving students like you sufficient time to conduct a free scholarship search and apply for those that best suit and interest you. Here's a sneak peek of the many scholarships for high school seniors class of 2020:

20 Scholarships for High School Seniors Class of 2020

January 8, 2020 3:18 PM
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) is offering more than 150 college scholarships totaling almost $500,000 for college-bound high school students, current college and continuing education students living in Northern and Central California. The college scholarships being offered by PG&E include the employee resource group (ERG), engineering network group (ENG) and Better Together STEM scholarship programs.

PG&E Offers Over 150 Scholarships Totaling $500k

January 7, 2020 2:57 PM

What better way to start off the New Year than by applying for and winning free college scholarships? Our New Year's Resolution is for you to attend and graduate college debt-free, so we've already compiled a list of top 2020 scholarships to help you achieve your college financial aid goals in the upcoming New Year.:

New Year, New You, New 2020 Scholarships

January 2, 2020 9:03 AM
If there is one thing upon which 2020 Presidential candidates and government officials agree, it is that something must be done to resolve the issue of college student debt, which has now outpaced credit card and auto debt. More than fifty percent of Americans believe that college student debt is a major problem, with the average college student currently graduating with $30,000 in student loan debt. Some of the proposed college debt plans - such as student loan forgiveness plans - would leave students debt-free, while others would offer new repayment and refinancing options. Here are some of the major changes that could take place in the near future:

Plans to Tackle Student Loan Debt in 2020

December 30, 2019 2:44 PM
While many students widely anticipate the moment they are able to go home for winter break and spend time with their family and friends, thousands of students dread the month-long campus shutdown as they have no home to which they can go.

Battling College Homelessness During the Holidays