Applying for Scholarships
The only way to have a shot at winning scholarships is to apply for scholarships. How do you do that, you ask? Where do you begin? I’m glad you asked.
- Take a few minutes and conduct a free, college scholarship search at www.scholarships.com.
- Go over your search results and mark all those you feel you have the best shot at winning.
- Start contacting scholarship providers and declaring your candidacy for this year’s winner. Be sure you contact each provider in the manner they've requested, whether it's email, fax or formal letter. If you are applying via mail, you can take advantage of our customizable scholarship application request letter.
It sounds easy, because it actually is easy to apply for scholarships. Some may require you to put in some time, but once you've completed an application or two, I think you might find it will get easier and take less time with each additional one. Don’t psych yourself out or let yourself get overwhelmed by all you need to do before you graduate high school. Start early and work diligently and it will pay off. You may even find some of the work you do can be applied to multiple scholarship applications- such as an essay or writing sample.
- Ace Your College Interview
- Applying for College
- Applying for Grants
- Applying for Scholarships
- Social Networking Sites and College Admissions - How to Stand Out from the Competition in a Good Way
- The Application Essay
- The College Application Process - What Students Should Know
- The Common Application
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
August 23, 2017
by Susan Dutca
More and more colleges are introducing free college scholarship programs, with more than 20 states currently on board. The latest states to join the free community-college program initiative are Arkansas, Indiana, Montana and Rhode Island. Some critics claim that, while the idea sounds great, free college may not actually help those who need it most. [...]
August 15, 2017
by Susan Dutca
The looming 1.4 billion student debt haunts not only college students and graduates, but blue-collar students as well. Dozens of truck drivers recount the industry's hopeful advertisement and how they are left in debt with thousands of dollars in training fees and poor job prospects. [...]
August 9, 2017
Just because you're already in college - even halfway through or in your final year - doesn't mean you couldn't use more financial aid to help pay your college tuition bill. Scholarships for college students are everywhere, including undergraduate scholarships and scholarships for grad students. In fact, many of the prestigious scholarships and large dollar scholarships out there are offered to college students. We understand college students' hectic schedules and having to balance academics, athletics, and extracurricular, so we've put together a wholesome list of scholarships for college students to make things easier for you. Don't forget to check out even more scholarships for undergraduate students and graduate scholarships by conducting a college scholarship search: [...]