Applying for Scholarships
The only way to have a shot at winning scholarships is to apply for scholarships. How do you do that, you ask? Where do you begin? I’m glad you asked.
- Take a few minutes and conduct a free, college scholarship search at www.scholarships.com.
- Go over your search results and mark all those you feel you have the best shot at winning.
- Start contacting scholarship providers and declaring your candidacy for this year’s winner. Be sure you contact each provider in the manner they've requested, whether it's email, fax or formal letter. If you are applying via mail, you can take advantage of our customizable scholarship application request letter.
It sounds easy, because it actually is easy to apply for scholarships. Some may require you to put in some time, but once you've completed an application or two, I think you might find it will get easier and take less time with each additional one. Don’t psych yourself out or let yourself get overwhelmed by all you need to do before you graduate high school. Start early and work diligently and it will pay off. You may even find some of the work you do can be applied to multiple scholarship applications- such as an essay or writing sample.
- Ace Your College Interview
- Applying for College
- Applying for Grants
- Applying for Scholarships
- Social Networking Sites and College Admissions - How to Stand Out from the Competition in a Good Way
- The Application Essay
- The College Application Process - What Students Should Know
- The Common Application
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
June 23, 2017
by Susan Dutca
When it comes to earning scholarships for college, some students have the "go big or go home" mentality and chase the big buck scholarship opportunities. Landing a huge scholarship may take more work - meaning more time spent on the application process and essays, needing strong recommendation letters and competing against a pool of highly-qualified students. If you're motivated to land a large dollar scholarship that can potentially pay for your entire college tuition, check out these generously-endowed scholarships: [...]
June 22, 2017
When it comes to college applications, most students worry more about whether or not their grades are high enough, whether their essays are well-written, or if they have enough extracurricular activities. College recommendation letters are often lower on the list of priorities and are often hastily asked for close to the deadline. However, college recommendation letters are often one of the most common ways to distinguish between quality applications. Below are several ways to avoid getting tepid college recommendation letters that make your otherwise quality application look lackluster. [...]
June 22, 2017
by Susan Dutca
Everyone knows big-name companies such as Google or Coca-Cola...but did you know that these companies also offer scholarship opportunities to help you pay for college? That's right! If you love these quality products and services, you may be interested these generously-endowed scholarships. Check out this list of brand name scholarships offered by the companies with which you are most familiar: [...]