JetBlue Will Pay for Your College

April 19, 2016
JetBlue is helping higher education dreams take flight by offering to pay their student-employees' entire tuition bill. College tuition reimbursement is a recent trend by employer-sponsored programs, but this company is allowing their employees to soar through college by paying it all up front.

Some other employer-sponsored college degree programs - like the Starbucks College Achievement Plan - offer to reimburse students once they've earned their degree, help cover a portion of courses costs, or other discounts. The JetBlue Scholars program is offering to pay for employees' associate's degrees. Students wishing to earn a bachelor's degree and who have earned at least 15 college credits will have to pay $3,500 for capstone courses on their own or through scholarships. JetBlue is partnering with Thomas Edison State University - an online, public university in New Jersey to offer the aforementioned degrees. Since its debut in August, 400 JetBlue employees have applied for the program and each student receives in-person coaching and mentorship from one of six JetBlue’s success coaches. Roughly 1,000 of its 18,000 employees are anticipated to participate in the program annually.

Students are able to use their job skills, knowledge, and experience and apply them as learning credits. Though it may not feel like the typical college experience, it is particularly convenient for adults, employees, and nontraditional students. To help those who have been out of school for a while, the coaches "apply to Thomas Edison Sate on behalf of the students" and monitor their credit transfers, provide the different degree options, and create a course schedule for the students. The online program runs through three platforms, including StraighterLine, Sophia Learning, and Study.com.

Is it too good to be true? One professor thinks this initiative is just a way to make the headlines and isn't so much about what's in the student's best interest but rather, it "is being set up on terms favorable for the company." Nonetheless, it's likely that more companies will follow in Starbucks' and JetBlue's footsteps. Other large corporations such as Pizza Hut, Anthem Insurance, and Fiat Chrysler have also jumped on this initiative.

You can pay for any college costs with scholarships. Whether you owe $3,500 or $35,000 there are easy to large dollar scholarships to help reduce your overall cost of attending college. Take JetBlue's advice (and ours) and help foot the rest of your bill with scholarships.

Connect with our massive database of millions of college scholarships by conducting a free scholarship search at Scholarships.com. Scholarships.com offers the simplest way to search for, apply to, and win college scholarships.

Mim khanam  on  9/23/2016 9:19:54 PM commented:

I really need this scholarship because my family can't carry my further education and I need to go college

Lwandy S. Mulhanga  on  7/12/2016 1:03:23 PM commented:

I'm from Mozambique and currently doing my last year of high school. I'm hoping to get a scholarship to do my desired course which is a bachelor's in mass communications. I'm sort of uncertainty about my college financiation and I'm looking forward to getting some assistance from the scholarship.

Wilfrido B Clemente  on  7/6/2016 4:11:00 PM commented:

Hello, I'm currently going to attend cal poly Pomona this fall year 2016-2017 as an undergraduate majoring in chemistry. I would be a first generation in my family and a role model to the rest of my siblings I'm one of the oldest out of 3. I'm looking forward to work at NASA after getting my masters also because I heard of a great internship at cal poly Pomona. My mother has worked low paid jobs and has always been hustling to pay the rent and put food on the table as she was the the main provider for the family; for the reason that my father wasn't around. Never the less it would be great to be awarded by a great company like jet blue and even a bit of cash to help me out through college would be a great help.

Lillie N  on  7/5/2016 6:27:31 PM commented:

I need this scholarship because my single mom doesnt have enough money to even pay bills. I really want to go to college so I can be a nurse and have the experience to not only help take care of people and inspiring others to do so but also to be able to support my mom rather than paying tuition. So this would be absolutely perfect in situations like mine.

Augustin K Tamba  on  7/5/2016 3:10:55 AM commented:

I need to go back to school I need education, one year ago I started my first degree BSC but I was not having much income, can some pls help me? Here is my e-mail ***********@*****.com

Lamin A. Manjang  on  7/3/2016 11:21:37 PM commented:

I am an African boy from the Gambia.I need scholarship in other to for my education.I am primary teacher certificate holder but I want to studies in advance education national course.I'm from and extremely for country and also a poor family so in other to further my education, I am relying on you.thank you. My email address is ************@*****.com

Promise I Bandah  on  7/2/2016 4:01:02 AM commented:

l just wrote my MSCE examination and l passed but l have no money to go to collage

Michael S.  on  7/1/2016 11:29:34 AM commented:

Thank for the opportunity to grow. And thanks for the Help.

Malemnganba Langonjam  on  6/30/2016 4:05:20 PM commented:

Sir,I like your scholarship program very much.But i in unstable condition to go on study due to my parent low income. Hope you will help me.

Emmanuel B  on  5/23/2016 8:00:02 PM commented:

Education is a life long process, it does not end until dies, it is a reality in life that starts immediately when one born till death. why am I saying so, it's because our minds set free only when we hear new things and development everyday. I want yo go back yo school yo upgrade my diploma, I studied history and religious of education. so now I want to do my degree In educational psychology. all I need now is sponsorship, Please to all well wishers am looking for sponsorship

marian w  on  5/1/2016 3:46:23 PM commented:

I want to go back to school to get a bachelor in computer. I am sixty-one years, old I want to be an example to my granddaughters. I want them to know you are never to old to learn.

Victor N. Lopez  on  4/30/2016 8:20:33 AM commented:

I really really do need this Scholarship. First, I am the first generation who will enter & complete college. My Family has very low income and cannot pay $44K for my Program. I am the oldest brother of 3 and my single mother can't afford to put my younger brothers and sister through school as well. I am on honor roll in high school and I would love to attend college to continue my exellence.

K.G.  on  4/29/2016 1:30:03 PM commented:

It has come to my concern how expensive college has become. I have seen many students stay at a community college level even when they got accepted to a top notch school due to the lack of fundings. This is a concern that everyone should be worried about. Scholarships should become more available to help out students in need. Even students with a more suitable income can not afford a college. The families have other expenses to look over on.

Johanna B  on  4/26/2016 6:29:42 PM commented:

I need this scholarship, how can i apply?

Kelly K.  on  4/25/2016 10:02:01 PM commented:

I feel very strongly that education should be free, it is limiting many people to get an education and getting certain occupations because they simply can't afford to go to college. Unfortunately that isn't the case here in America, and that is why students rely heavily on scholarships and federal aid from the government. Every year the population of middle class decreases and lower classes increases. My family has very low income and I have been blessed to have parents who always supports my dreams and decisions but being able to afford a school that requires 56K per year is very difficult. Money and debt is no joke.

Tejeswar nayak  on  4/22/2016 11:11:58 PM commented:

Hope you will help

Jacqueline Z  on  4/21/2016 9:14:53 PM commented:

Students tend to decide to not attend college because they never have a concrete idea on what they want to major in. I'm for one was considering to drop out until I found my passion. You have to being willing and open minded to exploring all your choices because you never know what you may be intrigued with. A tip is to not think your major as a job, but something you will enjoy besides the hard work involved. At least give it a try, and if you really believe college isn't meant for you, then that's a choice you'll eventually make. For me, studying Marine Biology will allow me to live in a vacation, and expand my concept of my artwork. I've learned to combine your passion with your hobby and job, that way you'll feel accomplished and have any doubts about your decision.

Kazi H  on  4/21/2016 12:11:54 PM commented:

I really need this Scholarship. First, I am the first generation who will enter Graduate school. My Family has very low income and cannot pay $44K for my Program. I have earned AA degree with 3.4 CGPA and 3.72 Science GPA, i am a very hardworking student, and I really want to go to graduate school.

Alhassan A. Conteh.  on  4/21/2016 2:30:05 AM commented:

Entering into collage is a very good idea for any student who is planning for his/her future but not having the income to complete it is also an other big deal for students so because of that, it might lead to distraction to any student. so if JetBlue is paying for this, it will helpful to many students. I really need this please help me.

Brianna R  on  4/20/2016 10:52:48 PM commented:

I really need this scholarship as I dream of going to college so i can work as physical therapy. I have always had a passion for helping those who are hurting. As a child I always disliked the sound of a siren because i felt like thst meant someone was hurt. My goal is to aid in making people of all ages healthy.

Kalimah Rickard  on  4/20/2016 3:58:54 PM commented:

I would like to apply for this scholarship. I pay out of state tuition, which is really expensive . JetBlue's scholarship would help out tremendously! I have an internship coming up in the summer that i have to figure out how to pay for.

Khaila Williams  on  4/20/2016 11:03:48 AM commented:

I really need this. My family has very low income and i'm trying to find a way to pay for college. I want to apply for this scholarship.

Adrienne G  on  4/20/2016 10:14:22 AM commented:

Jamie Jones  on  4/19/2016 10:18:25 PM commented:

It is great JetBlue is paying for students who are beginning their college careers. What about those of us who have completed and have accrued a large financial debt? We would like to find employment in our field and have our loans reduced. What can JefBlue do for us?

Jillian R.  on  4/19/2016 6:04:47 PM commented:

I would like to apply for this scholarship! I am graduating high school this year. And I can't afford college at all. I just want to attend a community college. If I can ..

College is a big commitment and burnout is easy if you don’t pace yourself. That said, taking a semester off is a normal thing to do while pursuing your degree. Whether you need a quick break for personal reasons or exciting opportunities, like a once-in-a-lifetime trip or work experience, here’s what you need to know about your scholarship money before taking time off.

Will Taking a Semester Off Hurt My Scholarship Money?

August 5, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid — more commonly known as FAFSA is the key to funding your college education. Not only can the FAFSA connect you to grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities, but filling out the form is
also the first step to applying for federal student loans. Even though filling out the FAFSA is simple and straightforward, several misconceptions still fly around it. Here are the top FAFSA myths you need to stop believing.

FAFSA Myths You Need to Stop Falling For

July 26, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
The new semester is just around the corner, which means it is time to start thinking about how you are going to afford the new school session. Student loans can be taken out any time of the year and are useful for paying for textbooks, special classes or summer terms and additional living expenses. Choosing the right student loan can help you reach your education and career goals while still keeping your finances balanced. Here’s what to look for before you take out a student loan this summer.

Which Student Loan Is Best for Me?

June 13, 2022
by Ashley Eneriz
As we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, we reflect on the enormous contributions of Asian Americans and share their culturally rich history. Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders make up the fastest-growing racial group in the United States, with more than 23 million it total. However, API individuals, communities, and businesses have been disproportionately impacted by discrimination and criminal acts that have only been exacerbated by the pandemic in recent years. Now more than ever, we need to stand united as Americans against anti-Asian racism.

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month 2022 Scholarships

May 25, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The   Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to help students pursue careers in public service and solve some of our world’s greatest challenges. The Voyager Scholarship provides students access to education and travel opportunities to help expand their horizons and bring about significant change. During this scholarship’s first year, and it is estimated that 100 college juniors will receive up to $50,000 to cover tution and educational expenses, plus up to $30,000 in international travel stipends and credits. Recipients have the option to renew as seniors.

The Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service

May 18, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
The Voyager Scholarship was implemented by the Obamas in partnership with Brian Chesky, Co-founder and CEO of Airbnb, who donated $100 million to this program. The mission of this scholarship is to
Summer is a great time to experience new things outside of the hectic school year routine. For students who want to beef up their resume, make some money, and have a little fun along the way, working a summer job is a great option! A part-time job gives you the unique opportunity to gain real-world experience and begin forging your own career path. You’ll also get the chance to become a better communicator by working with a wide range of customers and co-workers from all walks of life. Explore which types of work environments you might enjoy with these top 4 summer jobs (and related scholarships)!

Top 4 Summer Jobs For High School Students

May 13, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s  Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students who are pursuing STEM-related careers at universities in California and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in the U.S. Eligible applicants include graduating high school seniors, college students, veterans, nontraditional students, and adults returning to school and plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college or university. Don’t delay, applications close on June 3, 2022 at 3:00 PM CT.

PG&E Better Together STEM Scholarship

May 11, 2022
by Liz Montenegro
Applications are currently open for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Corporation Foundation’s Better Together STEM Scholarship! Ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the program is available to students