JetBlue Will Pay for Your College

April 19, 2016
JetBlue is helping higher education dreams take flight by offering to pay their student-employees' entire tuition bill. College tuition reimbursement is a recent trend by employer-sponsored programs, but this company is allowing their employees to soar through college by paying it all up front.

Some other employer-sponsored college degree programs - like the Starbucks College Achievement Plan - offer to reimburse students once they've earned their degree, help cover a portion of courses costs, or other discounts. The JetBlue Scholars program is offering to pay for employees' associate's degrees. Students wishing to earn a bachelor's degree and who have earned at least 15 college credits will have to pay $3,500 for capstone courses on their own or through scholarships. JetBlue is partnering with Thomas Edison State University - an online, public university in New Jersey to offer the aforementioned degrees. Since its debut in August, 400 JetBlue employees have applied for the program and each student receives in-person coaching and mentorship from one of six JetBlue’s success coaches. Roughly 1,000 of its 18,000 employees are anticipated to participate in the program annually.

Students are able to use their job skills, knowledge, and experience and apply them as learning credits. Though it may not feel like the typical college experience, it is particularly convenient for adults, employees, and nontraditional students. To help those who have been out of school for a while, the coaches "apply to Thomas Edison Sate on behalf of the students" and monitor their credit transfers, provide the different degree options, and create a course schedule for the students. The online program runs through three platforms, including StraighterLine, Sophia Learning, and Study.com.

Is it too good to be true? One professor thinks this initiative is just a way to make the headlines and isn't so much about what's in the student's best interest but rather, it "is being set up on terms favorable for the company." Nonetheless, it's likely that more companies will follow in Starbucks' and JetBlue's footsteps. Other large corporations such as Pizza Hut, Anthem Insurance, and Fiat Chrysler have also jumped on this initiative.

You can pay for any college costs with scholarships. Whether you owe $3,500 or $35,000 there are easy to large dollar scholarships to help reduce your overall cost of attending college. Take JetBlue's advice (and ours) and help foot the rest of your bill with scholarships.

Connect with our massive database of millions of college scholarships by conducting a free scholarship search at Scholarships.com. Scholarships.com offers the simplest way to search for, apply to, and win college scholarships. Make your college education affordable or even free, by conducting a free college scholarship search at Scholarships.com.

Mim khanam  on  9/23/2016 9:19:54 PM commented:

I really need this scholarship because my family can't carry my further education and I need to go college

Lwandy S. Mulhanga  on  7/12/2016 1:03:23 PM commented:

I'm from Mozambique and currently doing my last year of high school. I'm hoping to get a scholarship to do my desired course which is a bachelor's in mass communications. I'm sort of uncertainty about my college financiation and I'm looking forward to getting some assistance from the scholarship.

Wilfrido B Clemente  on  7/6/2016 4:11:00 PM commented:

Hello, I'm currently going to attend cal poly Pomona this fall year 2016-2017 as an undergraduate majoring in chemistry. I would be a first generation in my family and a role model to the rest of my siblings I'm one of the oldest out of 3. I'm looking forward to work at NASA after getting my masters also because I heard of a great internship at cal poly Pomona. My mother has worked low paid jobs and has always been hustling to pay the rent and put food on the table as she was the the main provider for the family; for the reason that my father wasn't around. Never the less it would be great to be awarded by a great company like jet blue and even a bit of cash to help me out through college would be a great help.

Lillie N  on  7/5/2016 6:27:31 PM commented:

I need this scholarship because my single mom doesnt have enough money to even pay bills. I really want to go to college so I can be a nurse and have the experience to not only help take care of people and inspiring others to do so but also to be able to support my mom rather than paying tuition. So this would be absolutely perfect in situations like mine.

Augustin K Tamba  on  7/5/2016 3:10:55 AM commented:

I need to go back to school I need education, one year ago I started my first degree BSC but I was not having much income, can some pls help me? Here is my e-mail ***********@*****.com

Lamin A. Manjang  on  7/3/2016 11:21:37 PM commented:

I am an African boy from the Gambia.I need scholarship in other to for my education.I am primary teacher certificate holder but I want to studies in advance education national course.I'm from and extremely for country and also a poor family so in other to further my education, I am relying on you.thank you. My email address is ************@*****.com

Promise I Bandah  on  7/2/2016 4:01:02 AM commented:

l just wrote my MSCE examination and l passed but l have no money to go to collage

Michael S.  on  7/1/2016 11:29:34 AM commented:

Thank for the opportunity to grow. And thanks for the Help.

Malemnganba Langonjam  on  6/30/2016 4:05:20 PM commented:

Sir,I like your scholarship program very much.But i in unstable condition to go on study due to my parent low income. Hope you will help me.

Emmanuel B  on  5/23/2016 8:00:02 PM commented:

Education is a life long process, it does not end until dies, it is a reality in life that starts immediately when one born till death. why am I saying so, it's because our minds set free only when we hear new things and development everyday. I want yo go back yo school yo upgrade my diploma, I studied history and religious of education. so now I want to do my degree In educational psychology. all I need now is sponsorship, Please to all well wishers am looking for sponsorship

marian w  on  5/1/2016 3:46:23 PM commented:

I want to go back to school to get a bachelor in computer. I am sixty-one years, old I want to be an example to my granddaughters. I want them to know you are never to old to learn.

Victor N. Lopez  on  4/30/2016 8:20:33 AM commented:

I really really do need this Scholarship. First, I am the first generation who will enter & complete college. My Family has very low income and cannot pay $44K for my Program. I am the oldest brother of 3 and my single mother can't afford to put my younger brothers and sister through school as well. I am on honor roll in high school and I would love to attend college to continue my exellence.

K.G.  on  4/29/2016 1:30:03 PM commented:

It has come to my concern how expensive college has become. I have seen many students stay at a community college level even when they got accepted to a top notch school due to the lack of fundings. This is a concern that everyone should be worried about. Scholarships should become more available to help out students in need. Even students with a more suitable income can not afford a college. The families have other expenses to look over on.

Johanna B  on  4/26/2016 6:29:42 PM commented:

I need this scholarship, how can i apply?

Kelly K.  on  4/25/2016 10:02:01 PM commented:

I feel very strongly that education should be free, it is limiting many people to get an education and getting certain occupations because they simply can't afford to go to college. Unfortunately that isn't the case here in America, and that is why students rely heavily on scholarships and federal aid from the government. Every year the population of middle class decreases and lower classes increases. My family has very low income and I have been blessed to have parents who always supports my dreams and decisions but being able to afford a school that requires 56K per year is very difficult. Money and debt is no joke.

Tejeswar nayak  on  4/22/2016 11:11:58 PM commented:

Hope you will help

Jacqueline Z  on  4/21/2016 9:14:53 PM commented:

Students tend to decide to not attend college because they never have a concrete idea on what they want to major in. I'm for one was considering to drop out until I found my passion. You have to being willing and open minded to exploring all your choices because you never know what you may be intrigued with. A tip is to not think your major as a job, but something you will enjoy besides the hard work involved. At least give it a try, and if you really believe college isn't meant for you, then that's a choice you'll eventually make. For me, studying Marine Biology will allow me to live in a vacation, and expand my concept of my artwork. I've learned to combine your passion with your hobby and job, that way you'll feel accomplished and have any doubts about your decision.

Kazi H  on  4/21/2016 12:11:54 PM commented:

I really need this Scholarship. First, I am the first generation who will enter Graduate school. My Family has very low income and cannot pay $44K for my Program. I have earned AA degree with 3.4 CGPA and 3.72 Science GPA, i am a very hardworking student, and I really want to go to graduate school.

Alhassan A. Conteh.  on  4/21/2016 2:30:05 AM commented:

Entering into collage is a very good idea for any student who is planning for his/her future but not having the income to complete it is also an other big deal for students so because of that, it might lead to distraction to any student. so if JetBlue is paying for this, it will helpful to many students. I really need this please help me.

Brianna R  on  4/20/2016 10:52:48 PM commented:

I really need this scholarship as I dream of going to college so i can work as physical therapy. I have always had a passion for helping those who are hurting. As a child I always disliked the sound of a siren because i felt like thst meant someone was hurt. My goal is to aid in making people of all ages healthy.

Kalimah Rickard  on  4/20/2016 3:58:54 PM commented:

I would like to apply for this scholarship. I pay out of state tuition, which is really expensive . JetBlue's scholarship would help out tremendously! I have an internship coming up in the summer that i have to figure out how to pay for.

Khaila Williams  on  4/20/2016 11:03:48 AM commented:

I really need this. My family has very low income and i'm trying to find a way to pay for college. I want to apply for this scholarship.

Adrienne G  on  4/20/2016 10:14:22 AM commented:

Jamie Jones  on  4/19/2016 10:18:25 PM commented:

It is great JetBlue is paying for students who are beginning their college careers. What about those of us who have completed and have accrued a large financial debt? We would like to find employment in our field and have our loans reduced. What can JefBlue do for us?

Jillian R.  on  4/19/2016 6:04:47 PM commented:

I would like to apply for this scholarship! I am graduating high school this year. And I can't afford college at all. I just want to attend a community college. If I can ..

FAFSA is an acronym. It stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Please take note that the first word in the acronym is Free. You do not need to pay to fill out the FAFSA but there are certainly websites out there that will charge you for their assistance. If you are asked for a credit card at any point in the process, you are at one of these sites. If you do not want to pay to complete the FAFSA, be sure to apply at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. The FAFSA must be completed by you and your family each year if you wish to be considered for need-based grants from the college or university you are or will be attending as well as subsidized student loans.

What is the FAFSA?

October 8, 2021 2:52 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
FAFSA is an acronym. It stands for "Free Application for Federal Student Aid". Please take note that the first word in the acronym is "Free". You do not need to pay to fill out the FAFSA but there
A study abroad program can be the beginning of the most exciting chapter of your college experience. Often, the travel, housing, credits and even food are included in the price of the program you choose. However, this is no reason not to look for more financial opportunities!

Want to Study Abroad? Find Scholarships

August 31, 2021 12:30 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
As you get ready for this next big step in your life, this last year at home can feel like the longest and the shortest you ever had! While you prepare to select a college and research scholarships and financial aid, don’t forget to spend some quality time with your friends and family. While movies, even when based on a true story, are always a little bit fantastic, they are also works of art that share experiences among their viewers.

Movie Night! College Classics

August 19, 2021 12:22 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
While the notion of men and women having naturally different aptitudes and interests is slowly becoming a thing of the past, there remain differences in professional compensation between the sexes. Recent studies are still exploring the way women with the same education and occupation as their male counterparts earn less money. There also remains a tendency for jobs dominated by female workers to pay much lower, in general, than those with a larger male employee base.

Fighting the Wage Gap

August 11, 2021 12:21 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
While you work hard to ensure your future at the college of your dreams, it may seem like academic programs and credits are the only things going on there. Once you enter your college or university, you will find that it is one big community made up of many smaller ones. Part of your journey will be to find your specific home there. This may entail finding a teacher you love working with, a project with peers that fuels your creativity or your entrance into an entire academic department.

Netflix's New Fictional Show About Higher Ed

August 5, 2021 10:20 AM
by Scholarships.com Staff
A high school senior from Lithia, Florida has just been awarded the $1,000 grand prize in a scholarship competition. The 16-year-old, Laura Gonzalez, is on track to attend college next fall. She hails from Lithia, a suburb of Tampa in central-east Florida and is completing her last year at Newsome Highschool, with a total population of about 3,000 students. Her small school and community are thrilled for her and are all wishing her the best on her upcoming new chapter in life.

Florida Teen Wins Scholarship!

July 29, 2021 12:44 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
Even after all the battles you have won in applying to schools and getting accepted, there will most likely still be work to get done when it comes to paying tuition. There are two main avenues you can take to try to address this problem: scholarships or student loans:

Student Loans vs. Scholarships

July 13, 2021 2:57 PM
by Scholarships.com Staff
Among the most important things you want to do before applying for a job is to update your resume with relevant experience. Doing so makes it possible for employers to take notice of you, your skills, and what you have to offer their companies. The sooner you clean up and polish your resume, the easier it becomes to submit it to companies seeking employees like you.

Create an Outstanding Resume That Employers Notice

July 7, 2021 11:58 AM
by Scholarships.com Staff
College is expensive. That’s why a majority of college students take out student loans. Nearly 70% of the Class of 2019 took out student loans and graduated with almost $30,000 in debt. It’s a frightening statistic, and it’s part of why Scholarships.com exists to help students discover scholarships to pay for college. In general, scholarships do not entirely replace the need to take out loans. Responsibly borrowing for college can be a worthwhile investment, but for students and their families take out an abundance of student loans, the results can be frustrating – saddled with debt that’s increasingly harder and harder to pay off.

Risks of Over-Borrowing on Student Loans

June 24, 2021 2:08 PM
by Izzy Hall
Summer is the perfect time to take on a student internship. Your class load is lighter, so you have more time to explore options in your preferred industry. There isn’t as much competition from your peers, either, because many have gone elsewhere for summer break, leaving opportunities wide open for you to take advantage of now. Internships open doors in your professional and academic careers by adding to your work experience and offering you a chance to see what a career in your major or interest is truly like.

How to Find a Summer Internship