NTA René Campbell - Ruth McKinney Scholarship
To be eligible for the NTA René Campbell - Ruth McKinney Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- permanent resident of North Carolina
- full-time or part-time undergraduate student enrolled in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study
- enrolled at a college or university in the United States or Canada
- cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or greater on a U.S. 4.0 scale
- enrolled at an accredited two-year college, and will be entering second year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours by the end of this semester or term; or enrolled at an accredited three-year school (for Quebec), and will be entering third year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed 60 credit hours at the end of the semester or term; or enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and will be entering junior year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the end of this semester or term; or enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and will be entering senior year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours by the end of this semester or term.
- U. S. passport as proof of citizenship, or U.S. Alien Registration Card as proof of permanent residency
- North Carolina driver’s license as proof of permanent state residency
- evaluation and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study
- evaluation and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Essay: Discuss what segment of the travel and tourism or hospitality industry your current program of study focuses on. What opportunities are you taking advantage of as you prepare for a career in the industry? Please tell us about your academic and extracurricular activities and experiences, i.e. work, internships, etc., and how they tie into your present and future goals. Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.
- official transcript
Please visit the Tourism Cares Scholarships website for more information and to access the online application.
See if you qualify for this award
Learn more about this scholarship and many more.
Latest College & Financial Aid News
December 1, 2015
by Susan DutcaWearing 5-inch heels and an even taller wig, Professor Scudura decided to put it all out there for academic discussion in what one might term a "performance lecture". "The Fabulous and Subversive Nature of Drag Performance" was more than a lecture and a lot closer to adult "show and tell". Rather than offer up more dry discourse on the subject, Domenick Scudera brazenly decided to do something [...]
November 24, 2015
by Susan DutcaThe University of Ottawa recently suspended their yoga class after students raised concerns that the exercises were offensive and a form of "cultural appropriation." Instructor Jennifer Sharf, who teaches the class for free, feels "people are just looking for a reason to be offended by anything they can find." The Student Federation, who also happen to be the ones to invite Scharf to the [...]
November 19, 2015
by Susan DutcaAccording to Breitbart news, a 21-year old student at the U.K.'s University of York committed suicide 24 hours before the university's cancellation of International Men's Day. After 200 feminist campaigners, students, staff and alumni expressed their fury over a professor's comments about International Men's Day, the university decided to not observe the November 19 holiday and instead continue [...]