Virginia Elizabeth & Alma Vane Taylor Student Nurse Fund
The Virginia Elizabeth & Alma Vane Taylor Student Nurse Fund provides educational aid for North Carolina residents seeking associate or baccalaureate nursing degrees. Preference will be given to those pursuing first-time degrees and for those residents in The Winston-Salem Foundation's service area of Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin counties.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be accepted into an accredited North Carolina school of nursing program as verified by an acceptance letter for both associate and baccalaureate degrees
- Have achieved a current cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Be enrolled in an associate or baccalaureate nursing degree program (preference will be given to students seeking first-time degrees; students who have master's degrees are not eligible to apply)
- Be U.S. citizens or "eligible non-citizens" as verified by the Student Aid Report